The Turov Museum of Local Lore is one of the oldest museums in the Gomel region. Founded in 1927 on the basis of the school history and nature circle, it had more than a hundred exhibits. The founder and the first director of the museum is a geography teacher Maxim Yemelyanovich Bruy. The librarian of the People's House, Parfen Antonovich Shchekotovich, took an active part in the creation of the museum, whose whole life was subsequently connected with the Turov Museum. The museum's collection, collected before the war, included two thousand items of archeology, ethnography and everyday life, handwritten and printed publications. Currently, the museum has 6 exhibition halls: "The archaeological past of Turov", "Crafts and crafts of the Turov region", "Peasant hut", "Nature of the district", "The Great Patriotic War on the territory of the district", "Retro style". From 1989 until 2016, the dismantling of the exposition was not carried out. In 2016, an exhibition hall "In retro style" was equipped, which houses objects depicting the era of the USSR. In 2017, a new exposition hall "Peasant Hut" was created, which houses objects that existed in peasant huts at the end of the 19th century. 20th centuries . Currently, the main fund of the museum is more than 12 thousand items on various subjects. At the same time, the scientific and auxiliary fund is more than 9 thousand items. There is also a museum exhibition "Ancient Turov", which is located on the local Castle Hill.